Saturday, March 19, 2011

shakin' the funk, workout mix, spring and followers♥

Please note that I'm not trying to brag about myself and my accomplishments, I want to share my life and I hope to inspire you!

I was in funk last night and this morning. I really don't know how to explain but I felt blah and far away. This morning I'd had enough of myself and decided to work out. I wasn't going to even though it was my day to do it. I got done about 20 mins ago or so and I'm so glad I did! I think I shook that funk :) Even though I thought I was going to keel over I made it! :] Here is my tweet a few minutes after I finished:

sweat running down my face & arms,clothes sticking to my body,cheers from my dad and skillet in the background.
Yep, there's nothing like a good work out to sweat out whatever funk you're in :] And you see the results in no time! But I AM struggling in my eating. Being gluten free is awesome and beneficial but you can still over eat gluten free food! ;) I'm going to start keeping track of what I consume, how many calories I eat because I know this working out thing isn't gonna work so well if I keep putting the calories back on :P I might even start back on livestrong.com. The temptation to eat all those yummy cookies or whatever is very strong but my God is stronger and He will give me the perseverance :] Are you going through the same thing??

I've been wanting to do this for a while but haven't gotten around to it till now. When I work out I have to have music. Have to. because A: I love music. I love it with a passion. B: When I'm workout it helps keep my mind off the fact that my body is on fire and it keeps me motivated.
So here's my workout mix. It needs some updating because I'm getting tired of the songs. Some of the songs aren't my favorite and kinda of annoy which I put on there on purpose. A song that aggravates me keeps me going... I know its weird. anywho here's the list :)

The Comeback kid by B. Reith 
Your Love by Brandon Heath 
The Lost Get Found (remix) by Britt Nicole 
Dear X, You don't own Me by Disciple 
Get Back Up by tobyMac 
Tonight(feat. John Cooper) by tobyMac 
Lift up Your Face by Third Day 
Awake and Alive by Skillet 
Whoa Whoa! by Soul.P 
He Did That by KJ-52 
Stuck in the 80s by KJ-52 
Wake Up(feat. Toby Morell) by KJ-52 
Fuego (feat. Funky) by KJ-52 
Comatose by Skillet 
Feel It In Your Heart by Abandon 
Movin' by Group1Crew 
Gimme That Funk by Group1Crew 

Depending on the intensity of the present work out I'm doing I put a "heavier" song on. I usually start at Awake and Alive by Skillet when I begin my workout.
Do you have a work out mix?? Whats on yours? Do you have any suggestions for good workout songs? :]

I think Spring is here!! We've had nice warm sunny weather yesterday and today! like 50-60 degrees! :) There is a slight breeze and it just perfect :) That has lifted my spirits :)





Thank you all SO much for all your lovely comments on my last post! thank you for praying for my mom :) it means a lot to me! you all are THE best followers and friends a girl could have :] ♥♥






Hope you all are having fabulous weekend!

Much love,
Samarah

6 comments:

  1. Yay for shaking off funks! haha! ;] Great playlist, I LOVE Group1Crew. =) xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks so much for following my blog! It means A LOT. =) You have a really sweet blog!

    Abby
    FollowGod

    ReplyDelete
  3. *cheers for Samarah* Keep working! It'll all pay off in the end....though, I too hate working out. :p
    Ha, nice playlist. Just wondering----which songs do you NOT love on that playlist?!?

    Keep up the good work, girlie! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry i missed the last post...it feels amazing after you 'shake off the funks' i love it! and I'm going through the same thing you are with my eating...ugh...you got some pretty great songs on that list! *grins*
    love ya girl! <3
    sarahlynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thanks for the follow!
    I'm digging your blog! Great playlist!

    -Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for following my blog! It's always encouraging to get another follower!
    Congrats on your workout! I struggle in that area.... :D
    <3 Alli

    ReplyDelete

hey there! thank you so much for reading and commenting. seriously, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails