Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas musings.


I hope you all are having a great week! :) I've got a lot I wanna post about but I haven't gotten around to it. Partly because I've had a really bad headache for 3+ weeks and it kept getting worse everyday. On Tuesday I went to the hospital to get an infusion to relieve me of the pain. {remember last year around this time?}I really dislike hospitals. really. the end. But the IV treatment did help, it lowered my pain down to a 1 or 2 which was good because my pain was a 7 or 8. Unfortunately I still have a headache most of the time it is dull and not as painful as a 7 or 8. I'm really doing and trying everything I could be doing to help keep away the headaches. I'm doing medication, natural remedies, getting rest, eating right etc. Right now I'm just taking one day at a time and trying to keep the headache under control. I'm drinking a lot of tea(especially peppermint!) and water, using oils and such. AND I'm also practicing good habits. I'm changing my night time routine, computer use and little things like that. more on that later! Anywho....

I seriously cannot believe its almost Christmas! Like in 3 days almost! Goodness gracious time is flying! And lets not even talk about 2012!! seriously? 2011 was a blurrrr. but it was long at the same time. haha ;)
I don't know about you but I haven't really been feeling the Christmas "spirit" this year as much as past years. i mean I'm enjoying it but I'm not "into" it like I've been before. Maybe its because I've been sick for most of it. OR maybe its because we have NO SNOW. none what so ever. Last year we didn't have any snow for Christmas and then in Jan. we had tons! :3 Snow just puts me in a good mood. If you have any extra snow please send some my way! But as the end of the week draws near and Christmas Eve and Day gets closer I'm getting more excited :)
I have been thinking about the true story and meaning of Christmas. We watched the Nativity Story the other day and I was reminded just how amazing that event was. How amazing Christ is. Christmas is the time when we celebrate that very special gift of salvation and love that was given to us.





Are you enjoying your Christmas break? I am but it doesn't really feel "different" because I wasn't able to do much school anyways with my headache but I am glad that even if i feel well enough to do it I don't have to! hehe ;]

Today I'm babysitting for a bit then my mom and siblings are gonna run some errands. Tomorrow we have a boat load of extra kids (okay 3 but still...) and then weekend! We will go see my dad's family on Christmas Eve and then Sunday we are going to the Christmas service at Church then coming back home, getting in to pjs again, opening presents, and eating yummy food and relaxing. yep sounds nice to me ;) What are your plans for the rest of the week?

much love♥

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy that you feel much better now. talking about Christmas, i really can't believe it's Christmas. haha, time is really flying but I'm happy and excited for the happenings. will celebrate Christmas eve later and then tomorrow we'll attend Church service in the morning and then home for gift giving.
    and it looks like you're having a blast with your fam this Christmas.

    more happiness!!!!

    love love love. :)

    ReplyDelete

hey there! thank you so much for reading and commenting. seriously, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails